We have in-depth familiarity with the FOSSA free and open source compliance tool and a good relationship with their development team. We offer flat-fee packages of free and open source software (OSS) compliance services to FOSSA clients.
Basic Package: engagement for 8 weeks to include the following deliverables:
- Inventory of all company products including all plug-ins, SDKs, tools, etc. in order to assess compliance strategy and progress.
- Short term action plan: identify risks; prioritize products for review.
- List of permissible OSS licenses for each product, keyed to FOSSA’s nomenclature.
- Configuration of FOSSA policy pages.
- Review FOSSA-flagged items for each product and provide guidance on how to handle problematic OSS components.
- Customized OSS training for engineers that can be reused for new employees.
- OSS training for any legal staff.
- Templates for marking code and other notices (GPL offer).
- Guidance on publishing any company-owned OSS projects.
- Templates with OSS-related clauses to be used in inbound contracts.
- Review and/or create OSS-related clauses in commercial contracts.
- Long-term action plan for handling OSS compliance.
- Weekly scheduled calls to make progress on deliverables and answer any questions.
Fees will be due at the end of the 8 week period.
Premium Package: engagement for one year to include all of the Basic Package deliverables in addition to the following:
- Guidance on contributing to third-party OSS projects, including review of CLAs.
- Quarterly training for engineers.
- Quarterly training for lawyers.
- Ongoing updates to policies and procedures; review of new products.
- Creation of legally required open source disclosures for each product.
- Negotiation of re-licensing requests to third parties as necessary.
- Assistance in commercial negotiations with OSS issues as needed.
Fees will be due and considered earned on a monthly basis, not in advance.
Limitations: The Basic Package is capped at 32 hours within the 8 week period; the Premium Package is capped at 400 hours within the one year period.